CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 20, 2009

The Joys of Motherhood

I am exhausted! I feel like I'm physically falling apart! The past few nights have been terrible sleeping wise. My legs cramp up and even my shoulders hurt and I have to change positions frequently. Then I have to pee. Then I can't breathe (swollen nasal membranes - thank you pregnancy hormones!). By the time I'm supposed to be getting up I'm ready for bed! :)

On Mondays I like to clean because I don't have homework and I guess it has just become a ritual for me. So I got up, reluctantly, and took my first step - IMMEDIATE PAIN! Ugh. Looks like I can't escape sciatica this time either. With Karlee it was my left side. Today it was my right side. We shall see how this is going to go (hopefully it will go away!).

What else can I complain about? My morning sickness. Ha! Yeah, it seems to have picked up again and I can feel it through my medication. Blah. Would you believe that the other night I threw up? I thought those days were gone (thanks to my medicine). Oh well...

On a better note, I am looking very pregnant and I haven't gained any weight in the last month (which is good for me). I love feeling this little girl kick and move. I like to talk to her when she moves - I am happy that she is awake and can hear me. That is amazing to me! I am starting to feel the need to come up with a name so I can speak to her with her name instead of "Baby" or "Little girl". EG and I both like Nadya, but we haven't really decided on that yet (or I haven't- LOL). I want to avoid any names that end in the "e" sound - hence KarlEE, AshlEY, EG, and even the cat - KellY.

Karlee is doing really well. She almost has a full set of teeth. The ones that are coming in now are bothering her somewhat. Last night she was trying to say "duck". She has a rubber ducky that squirts water for her bath, and EG taught her "duck" pretty quickly. She has been working on saying "mouth". She picked up "Thank You" really well - we must just say it a lot and she picked up on that. It's funny though - sometimes she uses it inappropriately. If I tell her to get out of something, sometimes she'll say, "Thank You". Hahaha! She still has been throwing fits every now and again but I guess that's to be expected. She has started hitting things or grabbing things and I'm trying to teach her the word "mad" so she can maybe talk things out, but that's going to take awhile.

Well, I guess that's it for now...I just felt like writing a little!

0 comments: