Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's Been Going On

EG got really sick and had to go to the ER last night. He spent almost all morning there. I won't get into details other than he is bleeding from the inside, but he is very sick. I'm very worried about him. They sent him home without really checking him out...they told him that if things don't get better to come back. He is still sick (though probably not in as much pain - though he has bouts of extreme pain). He is hardly ever sick, and this has never happened before. I was crying last night because I could not go with him (he didn't want me to wake up Karlee and I understand). I was just so worried, and I still am. He doesn't look good. I called him off of work for tomorrow and if he's still having the same problems I think I'm going to make him go back to the ER.

EG never sees a doctor regularly. I think he feels that he is pretty healthy, that doctors are expensive, so what's the point? And since he hasn't seen a doctor in years, once he actually tried to get in this past spring (for chest pain), they gave him a July appointment that had to be rescheduled to October. Basically, they told him if he was having problems to go to the ER. Ha! Like that helped. The ER doctor told him to call his family doctor for a follow up.


The baby is getting bigger. She had slowed down in her movements which freaked me out. I had really horrible cramping and slight spotting last week so I called my OB. They told me to go to Labor & Delivery. EG came home from work early so I could go. I was having mild contractions, but the baby was doing ok. They couldn't check me vaginally because of the placenta previa. They started me on an IV because my urine was really bad looking (she said it looked like iced tea - gross, I know) and was full of ketones. So then they gave me antibiotics through the IV as well. She thinks that I was not eating enough or drinking enough. That can also cause the cramping, and would explain why the baby had slowed its movements. I just had not felt all that well and didn't take anything to drink or eat all day. I know, stupid, but it's hard to remember to drink something when you don't feel thirsty. I've had that problem almost all of my life, which is why I've had kidney stones, more UTIs and kidney problems than I can count. Amazingly, I didn't have a urinary infection, though she said that I was close to it.

So I have been trying to do better about these things. Today, because of EG and being so tired and such, I didn't drink or eat as much as I should have. My feet are really swollen. So I will make up for it tomorrow and I'm trying to drink a lot right now.

In better news...

The baby is big enough for me to see her kicking -she makes my belly jump. I love it. She was very active yesterday. My belly was like a punching bag. I just wish she would kick for EG. It seems like he's sleeping or at work when she's her most active. When I tell him to put his hand on my belly, she stops! I noticed that he likes to feel my belly a lot more than before - or it might be that I let him more than I did before. I like it - I wish I wouldn't have been so self-conscious before. It's a great bonding moment for all of us.

Well, I need to get off of here and chill out. If anyone is reading this, please say a little prayer for EG. Thank you!